Rachels Home for Orphans and Vulnerable Children is a charity organization based in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria.
It was establish in 1999 by its founder Mrs Rachel Alaje who is an orphan herself to carter for motherless babies and also help vulnerable children. Over the years the Rachels Home had raised so many children from childhood to productive and responsible adults.
The founder is driven by her vision to eradicate the plights of the less privileged and vulnerable children in the society. To facilitate the activities of the home and have more access to funds, the organization was registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria in 2010.
The home takes care of the children basic, health, and social needs. These include;
- Provision of good healthcare for the children at any time.
- Enrolling them in academic institutions (primary, secondary and tertiary institutions) to enable them become responsible in the society.
- Developing their skills in various aspects of arts and sciences, music, craftsmanship etc.
- Teaching them ways to socialize and realize their dreams in the society.
Also apart from the above mentioned needs, the Rachels Home is a Family, all the kids relate to each other as brothers and sisters.
To create a conducive environment for genuine love and care for the orphans and vulnerable in the society.
To empower them Emotionally, Spiritually, Morally, Socially and Economically.
- To provide nutritious meals, clothing and shelter for the orphans and needy ones.
- To care for the orphans and the vulnerable.
- To take the step to ensure that orphans and vulnerable children are properly educated and brought up in the society.
- To provide forum for genuine love and relationship between the reach and poor.
- To provide counseling and other educational services in the area of HIV/AIDS and reproductive health.
- To enlist the support of government, corporate bodies and individual in the area of education and their total welfare.
- To eradicate violence against women.
RACHEL’S HOME INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY.
It a school located in the home to help in building a bright future for kid.
We have from Daycare to primary 4.
RACHEL’S HOME CHAPEL.
We have a chapel in the home were we pray, praise and worship God every Saturdays by 4:00 pm.
God is waiting for you as you join us this Saturday.
HOPE FOR THE FUTURE:
It a television program that helps the less privilege actualized their dreams.
On AFRICA INDEPENDENT TELEVISION (AIT) and IGBENIDION TELEVISION (ITV).